Wednesday, September 17, 2008


September 17, 2008



Isn't it amazing how time flies? September 17 is the 261st day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 105 days remaining until the end of the year. And then it will be 2009, and before you know it, 2010.


That just makes me appreciate time even more. No more DOTA, ever since 3 months ago? That's very addictive, used to play like almost every day for a few hours. A strong will and resolution, and knowing where I am heading in life makes it easier to stop playing.


And yes, I seriously need to start appraising my life, and start planning. It's less than a year to my wedding, my leaving to US, and there are tonnes of things to plan. Like what to do with my house, car, etc. What about all my books? My movies? Need to plan my study. Need to take GMAT, TOEFL and GRE. There's no time left to fool around or not plan. I think, I seriously need to break the cycle of "peak seasons" at the office. And it's really time I reduce the amount of time I dedicate to work. Time to work like a normal 8-5 person. No more 6-9. That's 6am to 9pm, on the average for me. Why I couldn't start planning? Imagine getting home 10++ after a long day at work... Do you think I still have the mood, energy and will to plan anything? And my physical training as well, which drains a significant amount of energy every time.


That's why, I have decided to not put in so many hours at work. Work will always be there. And when I leave, someone will replace me. Will they remember me for how much I have done for the company? Or will they even remember me? Hmmm... thought-provoking questions.


Ok, will start planning now. As in, NOW. Would need a few days to complete planning. But at least, I get started.


Oh, by the way, this day is a public holiday for Selangor. It's Nuzul Al Quran Day, so to all Muslim friends, hope you all had a great day. Not very sure what this day stands for. Something to do with the Quran, for sure... 0_o (duh myself) Why didn't they make it a National holiday? Weird. Pity those friends of mine that work in KL, Labuan, Sarawak, Sabah, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, and Johor. Maybe you should have voted for Pakatan... hahaa...


And a Happy National Heroes' Day to the people of Angola! Is Superman from Angola?


Also would like to wish a Happy Constitution Day or Citizenship Day, and Von Steuben Day (the latter especially for German-Americans) to all Americans! Hope you guys also had a great holiday.


To all Dutch, happy observing Operation Market Garden.


And you know what? This day is not a good day for pigs. Why? Because this day is the fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig. Poor pigs. All must be scared like hell wondering who will be the chosen one this year... :P Why pigs? I wonder... LOL their god must have loved bakuteh...

(Pweease dun eat me... I'm too cute...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home